Union of Disabled People Organisations UDPO Azerbaijan was founded by 8 members of DPOs in 2003 and officially registered in 16.04.2005. There are 31 Organizations of disabled people in UDPO at moment. We have resource centers in Gabala and Gazax regions. One of the organizations is International, 4 organizations regional, the rest are of Republican status. 3 organizations are the members of International structures. (Disabled People International DPI, International organization of blind, International Haemofiliac Assosation)
UDPO is the member of the
- World Disability Union and Monitoring, Universal design Commission.
- Global Call to Actions Against Poverty,
- The Working Group for United Nations’ Convention "On the rights of people with disabilities"
- The independent group of experts under the Ombudsman
- Ministry of Labor and Social Protection:-The commission buildings constructed in various cities and regions of the republic of residential, the division in charge of the implementation "for the disabled and the families of victims”;Is the member of the commission "medical rehabilitation of people with disabilities, and to contribute to the solution of the social problems.
The objectives of the organization
- To coordinate the activities of disability organizations in solving problems
- Ensuring participation
- Capacity Building
- Team work habits to ensure transparency and sustainability