The Union of Architects of Azerbaijan (UAA) is a public, voluntary professional association of architects of the country.The Union shall carry out its activity following the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the country legislation and this Charter, and shall establish relationships with Union of Architects and other creative unions of foreign countries on a contractual basis.Activity of the UAA is based on the principles of the democracy and self –governance, publicity, initiative and responsibility of each member of the UAA for his/her tasks and abidance by the provisions of the Charter.
Duties of the Union of Architects (UA) of Azerbaijan
- Develop creative concepts and implement the development strategy of Azerbaijan architecture together with the governmental bodies;
- Help implementation of laws adopted in the area of architecture and urban planning;
- Promote creation of architectural works to meet humanist ideals of the democratic society, protect diversity of creative positions of Azerbaijan architecture
- Promote protection of historical architectural and natural environment, careful attitude towards architectural monuments,
- Actively affect human resources policy in the area of architecture, address, jointly with governmental and cooperative bodies and institutions, the issues of recruitment, promotion and placement of architectural staff;
- Promote improving architectural education, continued improvement of professional skills of architects in the country, take care of training and bringing up of young generation in the profession
- Stimulate growth of creative skills of architects, support and protect architect's talent and identity, their copyrights
- Study and form public opinion on architecture; involve a wide public in discussion of the projects developed, promote high public, cultural and artistic status of the profession;
- Propagate achievements of Azerbaijan architecture, promote development of printing and architectural critics, organize show and exhibitions and sale of the works of architectural, painting and applied arts ;
- Develop cooperation with UAs of foreign countries and other creative unions.