Junior Achievement uses hands-on experiences to help young people understand the economics of life. In partnership with business and educators, Junior Achievement brings the real world to students, opening their minds to their potential.Junior Achievement Core Purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
Junior Achievement Values
- Belief in boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Junior Achievement (JA) is the world's largest organization dedicated to educating youth about entrepreneurship, work readiness and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs.Our programs help prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. The program beneficiaries put these lessons into action and learn the value of contributing to their communities.Junior Achievement's unique approach allows volunteers from the community to deliver our curriculum while sharing their experiences with students. Embodying the heart of JA, our classroom volunteers transform the key concepts of our lessons into a message that inspires and empowers students to believe in themselves, showing them they can make a difference in the world.In Azerbaijan, JA programs introduced by:
- JA Economics Program – examines the fundamental concepts of micro-, macro, and international economics.
- JA Entrepreneurship Program – provides specific training program on the main elements of entrepreneurial activity.
- JA Company Program – teaches students entrepreneurship by organizing and operating actual business enterprise.
- JA Global Marketplace Program – provides practical information about the global economy, international trade, and its effect of students' lives.
- JA Titan Global Competition / National Management and Economics Competition – introduces critical economics and management decisions through an interactive business simulation.
- JA Fundamentals of Market Economy Program – community-based course that teaches the use of basic economics concepts in daily life.
- JA SME Sustainable Development Program – provides community-based business start-up and capacity building activities.
- JA Banks in Action Program – teaches students the principles of the banking industry and introduces them to the challenges of successfully operating a bank in a competitive environment. The program also offers on-site internship.
- JA Personal Finance Program – explores personal finance and students' education and career options based on their skills, interests, and values. The program demonstrates the roles that budgeting, investing, credit, and insurance plan in securing financial stability.
- JA Business Ethics Program – uses hands-on classroom activities to foster ethical decision-making in students as they prepare to enter the workforce.
- JA Success Skills Program – teaches students work-readiness and helps them develop personal strategies to achieve lifelong learning pursuits and career opportunities.
- JA Job Shadow Program – places students in work places and provides work-readiness education and career perspectives.
- JA IT in Business Program – teaches the use of information technologies in daily business activity.