Cyber Security center is established under the Ministry of Communication and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan in accordance with 5th part of the decree 708 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 26 september 2012.Center is a state coordinating body which engages in coordinating the action of information infrastructure subjects, reporting about existing and potential risks at country level, educating public, private and other institutions in the field of cyber security and providing methodological assistance to them.
Services of the Cyber Security center
- Engages in reporting on existing and potential threats in the field of cyber security at country level, as well as educating the public, private and other institutions and providing methodological assistance to them.
- Collects and analyzes information incoming from users, software and hardware proctions, similar structures in foreign countries and other sources, about cyber security attacks, illegal intrusions and malicious codes against Information systems and networks, computer equipment and software, and the resources of local and corporate information systems.
- Makes guidlines and recommendations about software and hardware which can be used against users and provides methodological support.
- In order to prevent the cyber attacks in general internet traffic, carries out of remedial actions with national internet operator.
- Investigates incoming requests about illegal television and radio broadcasts in the country and determination of signals inhibiting available television and radio broadcasting and the activity of satellite systems and takes relevant measures
- Engages in reporting on cyber threats at country level based on the study and analysis of international experience as well as , preparing tips on effective program, selection and application of technical devices and illegal access prevention to information systems
- In order to take appropriate measures it prevents cyber threats,defines the sources of cyberattacks, collects and retains data about them .
- Analyzes widely used softwares and technical equipments and recommends how to avoid detected security vulnerabilities