RPE “DALGA” was laid down in 1936 & in 1939 started operation as an assembling/fixing branch of Gorky’s (now Nijniy Novgorod) plant “Krasnoye Sormovo” of the Ministry of Shipbuilding Industry of the Ex.USSR.1956: establishment on its base of a Research Institute, which in 1966 was renamed into Baku Electromechanical Institute (BEMI).1982: foundation on its base of Research Production Association “NORD”. RPA “NORD” was the head enterprise of the Ex.USSR Ministry of Shipbuilding Industry supplying the navy and commercial fleet (surface ships, deep-diving vehicles, sub-miniature & special submarines) with navigation outfit & devices.
Navigational systems designed & manufactured by the enterprise have been successfully implemented by the Central Design Offices (CDO) “MALAKHIT”, “RUBIN” in the projects of development of underwater objects, by CDO “SEVERNOYE” & other design institutes & offices in the development of underwater ships as well as by shipbuilding enterprises “MORE”, “ADMIRALTEYSKIYE VERFY”, “BALTIYSK”, “SEVMASH”, “YANTAR”, “ZVEZDA”, “ZVEZDOCHKA” etc in construction of different types of ships. 2006: by the Decree of the President of Azerbaijan Republic from September 2006 the enterprise started operation under the control of the Ministry of Defence Industry of the Azerbaijan Republic as a Research Production Enterprise “Navigational Systems” .In 2008 the enterprise was renamed into RPE “DALGA”. Production, manufactured by RPE “DALGA” has proved its reliability in all types of ships sailing in the World Ocean.