British School In Baku is an English language school in Azerbaijan capital Baku.The school provides excellent specialist facilities, including dedicated laboratories for physics, chemistry and biology, art and music rooms, ICT rooms and a recently extended library.Most classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and ICT plays an integral role in teaching. Internet access is available in classrooms. The classrooms themselves have recently been refurbished with new furniture and equipment and textbooks are imported from the UK. There is a Sixth Form Common Room in which pupils may study or remain in their break times.
The British School in Baku:
- Offers students a caring and supportive environment, which treats each as an individual and challenges all to excel, and at the same time, to model the behaviour expected of responsible citizens of both school and society.
- Gives each student the essential knowledge and skills, a joy of learning and the motivation to become a lifelong learner.
- Provides a quality education, based on the English National Curriculum and leading to UK public examinations and entry to some of the best universities in the world.
- Develops a social climate in the school which models international understanding, the acceptance and enjoyment of the diverse cultures represented by the school community.
- Encourages individuals to make a positive and responsible contribution to the life of our school and the wider community.
- Emphasises the importance of collaboration between parents and the school so that all parents have the opportunity to be actively involved in their children's education.