Aghjabadi District Court hears cases related to civil, criminal, administrative offenses and other cases within the territory of Aghjabadi district as a court of first instance.
Aghjabadi district is one of the oldest dwellings of Azerbaijan and its name Aghjabadi stands for “large settlement” (aghja – large, badi - settlement). Material evidence for this area being ancient are the remnants of the human settlements dating back to Neolithic, bronze, ancient periods and the middle ages found in Kamiltapa, Nargiztapa, Garakobar, Yantapa, Galatapa and Gavur channels. Historians compare these hills to the Egyptian pyramids noting that while Gavur channel is assumed to have been repaired by Alexander of Macedon, it is a fact that it was fully repaired by Teymurlang in the 16th century. Carved gravestones with designs dating back to the middle ages are found in graveyards.
Aghjabadi district was created in 1930 and Aghjabadi District People’s Court (presently Aghjabadi District Court) was established that year. Subsequently in 1963 Aghjabadi district was abolished and included in the administration of Aghdam district but became an independent district again in 1965. Aghjabadi was considered a city in Azerbaijan during the years 1939-1962. Along both banks of the river Gargar are Mil and Karabagh plains. The district has 1 city, 1 settlement and 43 villages. It shares borders with Zardab, Beylagan, Fuzuli, Barda, Aghdam, Khocavand and Imishli districts. Located in 314 km from Baku, the total area of Aghjabadi is 17856 km² and it has a population of 124.084 (04 July 2011). 15.622 refugees and IDPs who have been displaced from their lands as a result of an occupation by Armenian aggressors are settled in Aghjabadi.